Sunday 25 March 2012

Cutting Board/chalkboard tutorial

Here is a cute cutting board/chalk board that you can make in an afternoon.


Supplies needed.
1 - 1" pine board cut into a cutting board (make own pattern)
scroll saw
stain,
chalkboard  paint,
jute twine

I cute mine 6" x 12"

Next I stained the board front and back. Let it dry about 2hours.
Then I taped off an area that I wanted to use as a chalkboard.
Painted the area and let dry 1 hour.
Cut a piece of twine to wrap around arm of cutting board.


Now you are ready to add whatever saying you wish.
It's that easy.
Won't you give it a try.

                                   Have a great day!
                                      Linda

Linking up with
Katherines Corner

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute, and so is that roo lamp sitting next to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, you have been busy! You did a great job making this cutting board. I love how you wrapped the twine around the arm of the cutting board. Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Clever idea to add the chalkboard to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out very cute! I have something similar on my kithen wall that I bought at a store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,

    I love your cutting board! It's something I'd love to make.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cutting board turned out so cute....love the twine wrapped around the handle too! Have a great week!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! You can write your menu on it too. Love it.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda that is so charming!!! P.S> thank you for joining in the blog hop fun :-)

    ReplyDelete