Thursday 22 March 2012

Topiary and a tutorial

I know,,,, I know ....... there have been so many tutorials on Topiary.
                        But I just wanted to make my own.
I love them all, store bought, fresh. Wuslu had one on their special today. $29.90






Well I just made mine for $3.25.  Sorry Wuslu I try to save whenever I can.

I picked a topiary ball at the dollar store for $2.00

Ivy was $1.25.

A small fallen branch 0.

Black urn (MINE) a clay pot, ceramic dish, what ever works for you.

Moss(ALREADY HAD)

$ STORE CLAY (already had)
 If you have oasis (green floral foam) works well.

Let's now join the pieces.
First put the clay in the urn.

Then comes the branch.

Next I pushed the topiary ball on the branch.( NO GLUE NEEDED)

Then came the moss.

Then I unraveled the ivy and started at the top and wove it around the branch and
then wove it on the moss.  Let a little hang over the edge.

There you have it. An elegant piece to display. On a counter,
an island, a table.,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Now try one for yourself.

                                          H ave a great day!
                            
                                             Linda

                               I'm linking up with Katherines Corner

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this easy peasy fabulous looking topiary:) I think I have to make a trip to Dollar store for those boxwood balls. I'm like you Linda, I can't pass up a good topiary when I see one:)Yours is looking gorgeous and I love that tiered wired basket! Your new bistro set is a darling... waiting for that transformation:)Have a good one!Hugs,Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen those boxwood balls. I love your beautiful topiary.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete