Wednesday 5 February 2014

DIY Super Quick Hand Warmers




                             Another snow day here in Toronto 
and that means another day of being outside shoveling 
                                     the snow.




               Hi everyone how's your day going.

Mr. WWH is always asking me to make him some hand
warmers so today with this terrible storm I spent it in my studio
doing just that. Making hand warmers.

These are the supplies that I had on hand. If you have an old sweater that would also work. Just cut your pieces to size.

                           White wool fabric
                             rice
                             lemon essential oil
                             some hearts to add 
                                 

I sewed two sides then left one open.
Filled it with rice then I added a drop of Lemon oil,
you could use mint, lavender etc.
Sew up that opening and pop in in the microwave for 30 seconds.
The rice keeps warm for about 30 minutes.

Thought these cute little hearts would be cute for my sweet hubby.


This is a cute and easy winter craft
to keep your hands warm this season.


Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

  1. You poor thing....more snow! I bet you are so ready for Spring!! Cute hand warmers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup same weather here BLAH !! They are cute . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I think they would be awesome after scraping windows!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't shovel too? These little handwarmers would also be great for walking the dog. How much snow did you get? We got another 15 cm. WILL THIS WEATHER NEVER END?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. This are so very clever and really cute. It snowed and then yesterday we had an ice storm. This is putting our house on hold. It is making us insane. I don't think this is ever going to end UGH!!!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete