Monday 26 May 2014

Antiquing on a Sunday....

49 Ford 




                            You know that the nice weather has come when out comes
                                            the red truck.....

                                                   





                                   Yesterday was a beautiful warm sunny day to go out to one of
                                                   our favourite flea markets.
                                       We ventured out to Lakefield, Ontario.

                                                     Usually there are as many vendors
                                  outside as there is inside but for some reason  the
                                                      outside vendors were few in numbers.

                                                       Oh well it's early in the year...

                                   Here is one vendor who turns wood.......or a wood turner
                                                maybe the appropriate name.



                                         Beautiful bowls!!!

                                    Then there was this table full of milk glass.........








                                            Another booth full to the ceiling with a little
                                                             this and that....













                                       Well I was on the look out for ironstone plates,
                                                       and I found just what I was looking
                                                                       for.

                                                    Do you want to see???

                                               These are just the right size for homemade
                                                                     soaps.






                                            One to sit by my kitchen sink





                                                      or in the main  washroom and
                                                         the other in the downstairs
                                           washroom to hold a large bar of gardeners soap.


                                           Vintage Relpo pottery..
                                                  Made in Japan
                                   It could have been a trinket box??
                                                 or a small planter...
                                                      $3.00





                                                                    


                                           Do you know what it is or was?????

                                          Then I saw this piece of Fiestaware..

                                              Oh it spoke to me.....take me...
                                                            $5.00







                                              Love,Love Love it's bright colour!!

           
                                   The ironstone has a funny story..
                        Every booth I went to I asked ..any ironstone..
                          Then when I went inside to this cute nook
                where there was a table to have a light  home cooked lunch....
                                    there on the wall was a display of dishes....
        My eye went directly to the ironstone.....I can tell these dishes a mile away...
                So I asked the nice lady do you sell  these dishes and she said it all depends..
                                                  what are you looking for.
                       (you see these were her own dishes that you lunch on)  
                      I see two small ironstone dishes....She pulled them out from under
             other plates ...these two she asked....YES....How does $10. sound....
                                             Out came the $$$$ and I walked away with
                                                      these two cute plates...


                        
                  So if you are out antiquing  you never know what you will
                            find or in that case purchase unless you ask!!


                                Thanks for stopping by!

                                          Linda


Sharing with:
A Stroll Thru Life
The Scoop
Met Monday
Savvy Southern Style

                                                            
             

10 comments:

  1. I love your red truck and I love going to flea markets. You found some wonderful dishes too. The gold Fiestaware pitcher is sweet. I found two of those ironstone plates at Value Village last month and I use other ones I have for bars of soap too. They are perfect for that. Have a great week. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that truck - what a way to go flea marketing! I always ask if displays are for sale. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYTHING is for sale - so long as you are willing to pay the price (and ask nicely like you did)!!
    I think your piece is a planter. Can't imagine it would have been used for anything else.
    And that Fiesta pitcher - what a find for $5!!! They go for a lot more than that at our local market.

    I'm soooo jealous of your red truck!!! It's my dream to own a vintage pick-up of this era.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love your red truck and I'm sure that alone brings you the best of luck when you're out thrifting! Great story about the dishes too! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Score on the Fiestaware! I love the color! What better way to go hunting for treasures-than taking a ride in that fabulous red truck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that you've been having nice weather finally. I bet it was fun to get out of the house. I really like all of your new finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to a flea market, a thrift store or garage sale in quite sometime...when we moved, I cleared out so many dishes and etc that it feels wonderful to not have so much around. I think that's why I haven't been interested in buying more. :)
    Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you got the goods, good for you. lovely, just lovely. wow, do you make your own soap? that is one thing that i would love to do. this stuff on the market is just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...what a fun red truck to go thriftin' in! Looks like you had a good day with all those treasures.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete