Thursday 5 March 2015

A day in the Kitchen...



                                       Runny Butter Tarts!



             Now everyone knows that the favourite dessert here in Canada
                                             is runny butter tarts,


                    Haven`t made them in quite awhile ....

                  Ok let`s face it when it comes to making the pastry....

                  Don`t get me wrong...I do try......I`m  not the best in making

                                           my own pastry....


                          So we will use frozen tart shells.

                  So easy....and they taste good...so why not!!!




                                       HMMMM!!! Nice and runny!!!

                             



                                                Great with a pot of tea!!





                                                Just like my Mom used to make!

                                                                     Enjoy!
                                                       

9 comments:

  1. These are my husbands favorite!! I am not very skilled with pastry either... but I have made Pecan Tassies which is very similar to Butter Tarts and the pastry is made with cream cheese which is then formed into a ball and pressed into the muffin tin... I have yet to mess this one up!!! Now I have a craving for sweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of these but they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just nothing, anywhere, quite like a runny butter tart! Do you know, I had one in a bakery this week, and it was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butter tarts and with a cuppa tea even better . We buy ours from a local country bakery I cant make the pastry either lol . Lovely photos , Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look good! I've never heard of them before. I had trouble reading the ingredients. I looks like chocolate chips are in it. I've used those frozen tarts a lot for making mini chocolate pies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a lovely day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!! One of my favourites. And it's got me thinking.....my cousin arrives from England tonight and we're having a family gathering to celebrate tomorrow. I'm making another classic - carrot cake. But I think I might add some butter tarts too. What's more Canadian? Okay, maybe Nanaimo bars - but I'm not a fan. Better get in the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you direct me to the recipe, please? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to top of page. On banner click recipes. You will find it there.

      Delete